INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The type of information we will collect about you includes:-
- your name and address;
- your phone number and e-mail address;
- your credit card details if you subscribe to one of our online services;
- your occupation;
- your interests;
- the information included in any documents you complete or online services to which you subscribe;
- details about the services you specifically request; and
- information you complete in relation to our client surveys.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Any information that we collect about you is stored electronically on our database. It may also be printed and stored in our filing system.
The information you provide to us when using this Website will be processed for the following reasons:-
- to administer your account with us;
- to process any request for advice or information supplied by us;
- to customise this Website according to your interests;
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations; and
- to process any application made by you for a position with us.
We will keep your personal information confidential except to the extent that we are compelled to disclose it by law (for example where fraud or other crime is involved) or to comply with an instruction of a regulatory body of competent jurisdiction (such as the Law Society). From time to time we may be called upon to demonstrate our maintenance of certain professional standards as set by appropriate authorities and/or to satisfy our auditors and/or to comply with regulations in relation to money laundering or other statutory requirements. If you do not consent to our production of your details for this purpose only as an exception to our duty of confidentiality, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the new account registration form.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, write to us at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then correct the information as soon as possible.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 we adhere to strict security procedures. The personal information which we hold will be held securely to ensure no unauthorised disclosure or access. When you register for a user account with us you will be required to adhere to the security provisions set out in our terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to appoint an Internet service provider to host our Website on our behalf which may be situated outside the European Economic Area. By agreeing to our terms and conditions of use of our Website you consent to any transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Area. This may be necessary for us to achieve the purposes set out above.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You have a right to refuse this and if you don't want this to happen, then you should modify your browser to prevent this happening.